Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My sweet girl

Last night Brooklyn was soo scared and soo sweet. She had asked while she was locked in the bathroom if she was going to have to stay in there all night long until Don got home? And if we were going to have to break out the bathroom window so she could crawl through.

That is when I was still working on the door knob, and I said I will not let you stay in the bathroom all night long, I will break the door down, before that happens.

She said that she got back in the tub and immediately began to pray silently. She said that when I had gone out to the garage she prayed that I would have the strength to knock the door down. She is such an amzaing sweet girl. She is so spiritual and amazes me that she has such full understanding of faith & prayer.

Before the tub incedent she announced to me, "Daddy's at work, I am sleeping in your bed." That always makes me laugh when she does that, but after the tub, my bedroom had debri all over, so I told her I would sleep in her room with her.

She agreed. When I had finally finished everything up for the night I had gone to lay down, she had made me up a bed in there with a note on the pillow.

"Good Night. Thanks for saving my life. Love you! You are my hero!" How sweet is she? Of course I cried! She really thought she would be trapped in there all night long. How sad and scary for her! I love her so much!

3 comments:

Be Individual said...

Awe, brought tears to my eyes. Save the message and it'll always make your heart smile.
PS you are my hero too.

Me said...

she is such a sweetheart! you're her hero...that's the best thing for a mom to hear. that girl is special.

Ryan said...

IM seriously crying!! How great is that note???? SHe's darling! I hope I get to knock a door down for my girls, not just to be their hero but because due to my rage episodes, that would be extremely satisfying! you are so lucky!