Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ever wanted to break down a door

We have this door that sucks. It locks, but not really, locks. The tumbler thing just gets stuck and you can't open the door. The key doesn't help because it isn't really locked.

This has been a known problem for quite some time. Don has lovingly procrastinated replacing the door knob. So of course tonight while he is at work all night until tomorrow night it all came to a head.

Since we only have one tub, due to B&B, Brooklyn was taking a bath in our tub, the door shuts and "locks" behind itself, when she goes to get out she is freaked out, so I tried to take the door knob off, only to find that it is broken on the inside too, and I wasn't able to open the door still.

SOOOO what is a girl left to do?

Get a claw hammer and safety goggles....I am not kidding, I had Brooklyn get back in the tub and close the shower doors and I broke the door down.

I am angry and frustrated, this should have been taken care of, and that frustrates and angers me, and of course it has to happen on a night when I am all alone, and that frustrates and angers me! We need to replace all the ugly faux wood doors in our house anyway, so this one will be the first.
This is the broken inside of the door.
This is the broken door

This is Brooklyn escaping for her life!

Look ...I finally got it opened!

5 comments:

Me said...

dont be too hard on Don for not getting to the knob...he has had a long list of projects. plus he has been dealing with 2 other knobs-your contractors!

Erica said...

Yeah, that's true.
But when you are in the moment....it is hard to not be upset. It was actually fun breaking down a door. hahaha

Be Individual said...

Anger issues????

Erica said...

Yes...I do...you know that!
I am not lying! It felt sooo good to wack that door! I think we should all have a wall or something that we can destroy!

Jamie said...

Holy cow! Is that the craziest story or what???? Poor Brookie! Way to go SuperMom!