Friday, March 9, 2007

Expensive dinners...

Today was another fun day, from Don waking me up at 6:30am and then thinking I would let him go back to sleep! I hid cell phones (mine, his and moms) w/ the alarms set all over the room to insure he did not fall back to sleep!

Then we played tourist around Carson City. Did some shopping. After lunch we went up to Lake Tahoe, Grandma said she hasn't seen it in over 60 years since she was a kid in Pioche. So that was neat. They didn't want to ride the gondola or sleigh rides, so that was a bummer and most the stores are priced out of our price range so we headed back to Carson for naps!

Then we went to dinner Gram wanted IHOP....I wanted Fiona's, it is my favorite steak place up here. I had the usuall petite filet with garlic mashed potatoes, Mom had prime rib, Gram swordfish (it wasn't that bad), Don had the same as me, and Brooklyn the ribs. It was soo yummy sooo delightful. Mouthwatering even....I can't even tell you how satisfying it all was, I was craving a good steak all day....and then..... we walk out to the car, I must excuse myself. $25.00 wasted! Haha No more expensive dinners for me for a while, until....well at least until I could hold my food down! Hahaha

Now we are at home, I built a fire for the novelty, Mom and Gram wanted one, we may be the only people with a fire w/ it 50 outside! So we are kicking back watching the Devil Wears Prada, enjoying the fire, and all over stuffed!

Tomorrow is the Time out for Women put on by Deseret Book, Michael McClain, Mary Ellen Edmunds, S. Michael Wilcox (he was my institute teacher in SLC, I loved him) and a few others, I am very excited about it, it should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is going well. Glad the oldies are having a good time.

Did you puke by your car, or did you make it inside the restaurant? yuck