Friday, March 2, 2007

AMAZINGLY AMAZING...IN OTHER WORDS...INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLE

Who else is sick and tired of the overuse of "Amazing"!? I blame Hollywood for that....everything is "Amazing"! Really?
According to Webster the definition of Amaze is:

Main Entry: 1amaze Pronunciation: &-'mAz Function: verb Inflected Form(s): amazed; amaz·ingEtymology: Middle English amasen, from Old English Amasian, from A- (perfective prefix) + *masian to confuse -- more at ABIDE transitive verb1 obsolete : BEWILDER, PERPLEX2 : to fill with wonder : ASTOUND intransitive verb : to show or cause astonishment synonym see SURPRISE .

I really wonder if you could substitute the definition of Amazing in your sentence and still make sense? Are you really Bewildered, perplexed, astounded? Get a thesaurus .... find a new verb, adverb, adjective! Please unless you are truly amazed...."I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me." That is amaze worthy. My shoes are amazing, not worthy, your shoes may be super cute, comfortable...but amazing? Dinner isn't amazing either ....dinner can be delicious..delicatble...but it is not amazing worthy.

Alright I will get off my high horse for now. Ah...feels good to vent that out!

7 comments:

Be Individual said...

That was amazing....LOL

Erica said...

I know...I am quite awe inspiring...bewildering...really!

Erica said...

Hey Linda,
any baby dreams yet?

Ryan said...

i have a funny story about that, but will have to tell you it..too long....

Erica said...

Come on Chanel,
Do tell....do tell!!

Be Individual said...

None yet, I'm trying.

Jamie said...

Get my email address from Holly (don't want to post it on here) and send me one or two of the good ones and one or two of the bad ones and I'll see if they are salvagable......