Sunday, May 6, 2007

Have you checked your mail??

We are tickled pink
And happy to say….
We have a baby girl
On the way!!!


So Friday the 4th of May I talked Don into letting me spend my babysitting money to go get an ultrasound. He was anxious too to find out so it wasn't much of a talking into. The office is really cool; the tech projects the ultrasound video on a movie screen in the room and she has 2 flat screen tv's mounted that you can watch too. Brooklyn came with us and she thought it was so neat to see the baby moving all around. She was moving her hands and playing with the umbilical cord and rubbing her face. All of this with her legs crossed. She looked to be sitting on her crossed feet. So the picture wasn't the greatest, but it is like 85% that it's a girl.

Admittedly, we weren't tickled pink in the beginning. I told Don before we left I was going to have a rough night if it were a girl and he thought that it was not that big of a deal. He said that he had the feeling the entire time that it was going to be a girl. I was optimistic. When the tech said..Oh looks like a girl. I said firmly, "Check again." As I state earlier she wouldn't cooperate with being a flasher. We are going to go back in a few more days to get a better view. On the way home Don admitted to being more disappointed then he thought he was going to be, and I admitted that I wasn't as bad off as I thought I was going to be.
Once home we talked about names and made announcements, which you should have gotten by now and if you haven't, check your mail again. We bought 2 girl outfits from Walmart and now it seems to be sinking in and we are all OK with it. Brooklyn is handling it very well also, I was mostly worried about her and becoming jealous of another little girl. But she seems very excited. Which is a comfort to me also. So by the time that I am writing this we as a family are all well adjusted to the news and are excited and happy about our new baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you are well adjusted about anything. But We are excited for all of you anyway.
love you all.

Me said...

yay! glad you're happy about it now. it's always a little rough when it isn't what you hope for, but she will be perfect for you all

Be Individual said...

121Darn that dream. I had a girl feeling the whole time.... You sound like me, I sooooooo wanted a boy. Funny thing, "she" turned out to be just what I wanted. I think God gives you what you need. I am so happy for you, Brooklyn and Don. Can't wait to meet "Linda Jr". JK