Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What the heck??

So last night we had a bit of a storm blow through. Causing blizzard conditions in the mountains, not so much here just blowing snow. We had about two inches total last night, it is melting away this morning with the sunshine. However we are expecting rain and snow tonight and snow again tomorrow! WHAT??? Why did we come home to this!?!?!?!?! We should have stayed in Chicago, at least we could have delightful pizza in Chicago!



So our tulips never stood a chance this spring I am afraid! We have had such wishy washy weather the flags started coming up before the first cold snap and the leaves were damaged, then it got warm and they looked like they were recovering, then cold then warm. And now this, so the few flowers that it looked like we might have gotten don't look like they will bounce back now. So sad! I love our tulips, I planted a bunch of them this time last year crawling along the ground with my crutches since I was casted up. So disappointing!
But at least we don't have to water the lawn I thought. But then I see my not so smart neighbors! Two inches of snow in the yard and they turn their sprinklers on! Are they crazy! We are expecting 3 days of wettish weather and you turn your sprinklers on! UGH! Oh well that is minimal considering what is going on in the world today and this week. So we have much to be grateful for.

No comments: